I’m paying close attention to the weather report these days. In Houston it is always hotter than it appears in the weather report. Some say that is because of our humidity. I must tell you, being in a metal warehouse with no AC it is even hotter. Yesterday, as we worked on the clay, we did not even need a torch to make it malleable That makes me a bit worried. I’m glad the tiger is swinging from the winch instead of up in the hottest part of the warehouse. This will soon change. We need to put the tiger back up for approval. We are working diligently to get an approval of the sculpture as soon as possible. Once it is up in the air it is best if it does not have to stay there long. We hope to have approval this week. Then we can take apart the pieces and bring some of them back to my air conditioned studio to get them ready for the foundry.
See the photographs for a recap of what we have done this last week.
Our goal this week:
1. To finish the stripes- Monday
2. To put the sculpted tiger back on the rocks- Tuesday
3. To secure the lower armature – Tuesday
4. Check over all details-Monday- Tuesday
5. Take pictures and receive approval for the next step. Wed- Friday.