The College Art Association organization and website has just been brought to my attention. It looks like it offers quite a bit including a job search for those looking for a position at a college. It is definitely something to check out. Here is some information from their website.
Founded in 1911, the College Art Association:
- Promotes excellence in scholarship and teaching in the history and criticism of the visual arts and in creativity and technical skill in the teaching and practices of art
- Facilitates the exchange of ideas and information among those interested in art and history of art
- Advocates comprehensive and inclusive education in the visual arts
- Speaks for the membership on issues affecting the visual arts and humanities
- Provides publication of scholarship, criticism, and artists’ writings
- Fosters career development and professional advancement. Identifies and develops sources of funding for the practice of art and for scholarship in the arts and humanities
- Honors accomplishments of artists, art historians, and critics
- Articulates and affirms the highest ethical standards in the conduct of the profession
Bridgette Mongeon is a sculptor, writer, illustrator and educator as well as a public speaker.
Her blog can be found at https://creativesculpture.com.
She is also the owner and creator of the God’s Word Collectible Sculpture series
Listen to The Creative Christian Podcast or the Inspiration/Generation Podcast Click on Podcast Host Bios for a list of all podcasts.
Listen to the Art and Technology Podcast