No, it is not really Narnia, just the CS Lewis writers conference. I must say I have never heard CS Lewis quoted so many times in one place in my entire life.
This evening was a Q&A with author Randy Alcorn very interesting. What have I jotted down in my sketchbook?
* We must steal our time away to write, and have to be careful of what we steal our time away from.
* Novelize a Screenplay
* Peaple say to write what you know, but some don’t bother to know anything else.
* When you read the discalimer infront of a novel that says, “any resemblance to real people in this novel… bla bla bla” It is a lie. Writers steal from real life all of the time
* some people finish a book 6 or 7 times.
* God may have given you the story but he still expects you to labor with it.
Bridgette Mongeon is a sculptor, writer and educator as well as a public speaker. Her blog can be found at https://creativesculpture.com.
She is also the owner and creator of the God’s Word Collectible Sculpture series
Follow the artists on twitter twitter.com/Sculptorwriter twitter.com/creategodsword
Listen to The Creative Christian Podcast or the Inspiration/Generation Podcast Click on Podcast Host Bios for a listing of all podcasts
Listen to the Art and Technology Podcast