Yes, I’m writing a book called 3D Technology in Fine Art and Craft. It is based on my graduate thesis on art and technology in the traditional studio. I have been gathering information for years and talking to many vendors and individuals who are leaders in 3D technology. All I can say is…
You don’t know what you can do,
until you know what you can do.
When you find out, it will blow your mind.
A book that does the following;
- Inspires through interviews with artists and craftspeople all over the world. Artists who are pushing the envelope with using 3D technology in fine art and craft. The interviews not only inspire you with multiple photographs, but the artists share a list of their vendors, software etc.
- Thinking of trying the incredible technology of 3D Printing. Should you buy a printer, or use a service bureau, and if so which one. What do you need to know to get your feet wet?
Traditional artist wants to dabble in 3D technology. Where do I begin?
- Are you a traditional artist thinking of taking the plunge and incorporating 3D technology in your own at studio, but don’t know where to begin or even if it is applicable?
- Are you a traditional sculptor that would like to be able double or triple your income by giving you time to create instead of working 1/2 of your career making monumental armatures?
- Are you a CG artist and would like to realize your art in a physical form?
- Want to learn more about, CNC milling, or creating a holographic painting?
I have just tripled my income!
- Would you like a one stop resource list of 3D vendors and materials?
This is just a sample of what is in the book.
Not sure of publication date, more to come.
Bridgette Mongeon is a sculptor, writer, illustrator and educator as well as a public speaker.
Her blog can be found at https://creativesculpture.com.
She is the vice chair of the planning committee for 3DCAMP Houston 2012 and 2013 http://www.3dcamphouston.com
Follow the artists on twitter twitter.com/Sculptorwriter